home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, June 5, 2017

New Challenge at More Mixed Media-



LOOKING FOR OUR CURRENT CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE

Hi everyone!! :)
Today starts up a new challenge over at More Mixed Media Challenges! This month's challenge is to use the optional color of "Purple" on your creations. It doesn't have to be all purple but we would like to see some purple color on your creations. 

For my project, I decided to create an art journal page. I am very new to art journaling with only 3 double pages under my belt. But this is my very first art journal page where I literally took a pencil to sketch out my drawing. I am NOT good at drawing at all with a pencil, but I attempted it and I hand drew this entire page and then once it was completely finished by sketch, I took some paints and started to paint it all. I used various paints and white gesso. The vase was the hardest part to do because I wanted it to look like a clear glass vase with water in it. So I took white gesso and very light gray and blue paints to create the water and clear glass look. I added a bit of brown to also reflect the table inside the clear glass vase. I think that I was able to achieve the look pretty well, considering this was my first time trying to work on something like this. So the page is supposed to show the florals on a nice wooden table up against a wall. I also took some Dina Wakely scribble sticks to do the florals along with some paints for accents. I also took my Prisma colored pencils to do some shading on the leaves. The title was done using my copic multi-liner and my FB artist Pitt brush in black. I also took my white gel pen for hightlights on the florals and the letters in the title. It is not perfect, but it completely screams hand made and that is what I love about it. I am so happy with my very first completed sketched/painted drawing. Well that is it for today! Hope ya like it and that I can inspire you to hand draw your own art journal page!

   




Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please stop by the More Mixed Media Challenge Blog to see what my design team sisters
 have created with this happy color and link up your own creations!

Until next time~
Enjoy life's blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Jo. I enjoyed watching you paint this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be a better drawer! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Jo!! I love your drawing!! The flowers look amazing!! And the colors are so beautiful!! Love the pages, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal pages Jo..love the colour choices for your flowers...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful vase of flowers. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog, glad you like my photos. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal page is beautiful!!I love the pretty flowers and colors!!The drawing is awesome too! I cannot draw...now my sister can draw. She is great with that but I am great with cooking.shhh! don't tell her that..lol.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flower looks wonderful Jo... Your drawing is awesome! I stink at drawing.... But yours looks wonderful! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning journal Jo and must say the drawing you did is amazing...fab..Hugs Lozzy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~