home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Challenge 83 With Dies R Us!










Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to our new mid-month challenge at Dies R US! Our challenge today is to use LEAVES. So anything you want to create, any theme, any style... just use some leaves on your project. 

So here is the card that I created for today's challenge.


For my card today, I cut out this really cute "Summer Flowers" background die from Die-Versions onto some bristol paper that I had blended a bit of tea dye and vintage photo distress inks on. I adhered this panel to a white piece of cardstock. I took an entire piece of bristol paper and in different sections, used various distress and oxide inks to blend the colors I needed for my project.


I cut out some Memory Box- Citrus Leaves Dies and some Lawn Fawn- Stitched Leaves Dies that were blended with mowed lawn and peeled paint. I also cut out the pretty tall flourish out of the same blended paper. That flourish is also from Die-Versions.  Now I knew that I wanted to have sunflowers on this card but I don't own any sunflower dies. So I got my thinking cap on and looked through my dies and found some dies I knew would work! My sunflower was created by using the second largest die in the "Delightful Circle Dies" from Spellbinders and the inside of my sunflower was created by cutting out the smallest circle from the Lawn Fawn- Small Stitched Circle Stackables Dies.  The sunflowers were blended using mustard seed and fossilized amber distress inks and the centers were blended with gathered twigs and walnut stain inks. To each distressed portion, I spritzed some water and dried it for a little texture. And I must say that these made some beautiful sunflowers, especially paired up with the flourish as its stem!!


I knew I wanted to add some pumpkins to this card to really give it a fall look. So I used a stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps called "Pretty Pumpkins" and its coordinating dies. This is a cute layering stamp set and I was able to use a few of the pumpkins to complete the look I was going for. I stamped one of the sentiments from the set, "Hello Fall" on one large pumpkin and on a smaller one, I used one of the smiley faces from the  Lawn Fawn- Make Me Smile Dies. I love how it looks!!! Now the fun part begins! I put everything where I wanted it to go on top of that pretty "Summer Flowers" background panel and started adhering it all down to create my cute little Fall scene. The sunflower on the right is popped up on two layers of foam tape and the other sunflower and the pumpkins are popped up on regular foam adhesive. To finish off my card, I added some sparkle using my Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the pumpkins and sunflower centers, added in some white highlights and black dots for "seeds" to the sunflower centers and added the entire panel to a "Peekaboo Peach" card base. Hope you like it! And in case your wondering what that brown thing is above my card, it's a clamp that is holding the card and it's attached to my Ott-Lite. Here is a picture of the light (Which is the BEST light that I own!!!) and a final photo of my card for today. :)


  And that completes my card! All of the dies that I used are highlighted in the links above and can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE

Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you! Thanks again for stopping by!



Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with the sunflowers and pumpkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing makes a card scream fall more than sunflowers & pumpkins! Your card is awesome and love the dimension you've added. WOW I've never seen a light with the clip attachment ... awesome ... gives good lighting on your creation. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL my friend! I love the pretty sunflowers and cute pumpkins!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Jo!! I love the sunflowers and the pretty pumpkins!! The layers and design are fabulous!! It's so perfect for fall!! I love it, my friend!! I hope you are doing well and feeling well!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how PRETTY! I LOVE the elegant Sunflowers and the lovely array of pumpkins... totally screams FALL at it's Finest!!! Have a wonderful day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card Jo! The sunflowers are beautiful!!! They turned out spectacular~The pumpkins are so sweet and the foliage really pops. Great job on this beauty!
    Hope you are having a great day! I am trying to get a little craft time in today...ugh, so far behind and miss my crafting time :(
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a fan of sunflowers & Pumpkins - nice work here Jo have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~