home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Dies R Us Challenge 67 "Think Spring"










Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US and I sure hope that your day is going well. This is my very first design team challenge so I'm excited to share with you what I created! So with that being said, here it is!

Our mid-month challenge is to "Think Spring"! And boy am I ready for spring to arrive! Just the smell of all the flowers, the warm breeze, the sunshine coming up in the morning through the bedroom window and the birds chirping for joy. Are you ready too? Well I hope my card will inspire you to think spring and think Easter! Here is my card today.


My front panel is a Die-Versions Whispers Cross Background Die that I added some crackle and distress ink to, to give it some texture. The cross that is cut out from the center was distressed with picket fence paint and some distress inks to look worn and weathered. This entire panel (minus the cross for now) was adhered to a piece of pattered paper from SEI and it was cut out using Lawn Fawn- Stitched Rectangle Frames Dies. Then I cut out 4 pieces of grass using the  Impression Obsession- Grass Die and adhered that to the bottom of the card panel. Next I took the cross and adhered that into place. Then I added a few flourishes cut from the  Die-Versions Whispers Flourish Die on the front card panel to look like "vines" growing up and around the cross. Once that was done, I  adhered the bunny from the Impression Obsession- Chocolate Bunny Die on some foam adhesive for more texture. The bunny was stamped using a Hero arts stamp and I used some clear sparkle using my spectrum sparkle pen. Next I added the sweet butterflies that came from the Die-Versions Whispers Pretty Butterflies Dies. Love this set!~ The butterflies were distressed and I used some crackle paint on them as well. I also added a bit of sparkle to them. Lastly, I made a few small roses and a pretty flower for the top corner using the Impression Obsession- Spiral Flowers Large Dies. Now that everything was put together, all I had to do was add it to a card base. The card base is made from Neena solar white cardstock.  All of the dies highlighted in the links above can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE


Here are a few more photos for you






I would like to enter my project into the following challenges:
Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you and get your creative mojo flowing. Thanks again for stopping by!


Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~



26 comments:

  1. OMGOSH JO! This is just amazing! GORGEOUS Project! I LOVE the texture and the layers... such beauty! You did an awesome job! LOVE IT!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations


    ReplyDelete
  2. With all this rain a hint of spring is just what I need. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Love all of the layers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent!
    Good luck!

    Borqna - DT for IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Jo! Love all the beautiful elements in your design! Great job of using dies to their finest! Thanks for wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Easter card! Love all the texture, butterflies, flowers, and glittery bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, Jo. Awesome die-cuts!! Thank you for sharing this with us at Ike's World Challenge Blog, but would you kindly mention our challenge blog with the link please? http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.gr/2017/02/ikesworld-challenges-82-winner-81.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love all the layers and gorgeous details...the flowers...butterfly...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is stunning, Jo!! I love the springy Easter scene you've created!! The cross is gorgeous and I love the texture and the layers!! The crackled butterfly is fabulous!! And the bunny is so sweet!! Love, love it, my friend!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Jo this is spectacular! LOVE, love all the fun layers! The vines and grass look awesome and love the sweet little bunny. The cross is stunning and just gorgeous! Super pretty my friend!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design Jo. Love the cross and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is stunning, Jo!! I love the Easter scene you've created, love all the fun layers, the vines and grass look awesome and love the sweet little bunny. The cross is stunning and just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this on TTCRD.
    Alpna-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Jo, it is stunning!! You can see all of the time,effort & heart that you put in to it. I thought it was a canvas. I had to go back and read your post again. Something to think about....:) I love the beautiful Easter scene you created. The cross & bunny are just lovely. The crackle texture looks fun! Gorgeous creation my friend as always!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing - such gorgeous textures and fabulous use of all the different dies :-)
    Could you please link us up on your list of entered Challenges please :-) (IkesWorld Challenge #82)

    Hugz
    IKE

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jo, this is absolutely gorgeous!! WOW, I love the details that you've put into this with the vines, popped out flowers and butterflies too!! Really gorgeous and perfect for Easter!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty details in your work. Lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card and perfect for an Easter season. I personally cannot wait till spring!

    So much texture in this card, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Add some Texture' challenge.
    Glenda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very pretty card indeed, love the spring feeling you've captured. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious challenge. Good luck!
    Hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Jo and definitely speaks of Spring...such a pretty scene!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the pastell colours that remind me of spring ;o) Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card so much detail
    ThNks for joining Ikes world challenges
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card and love all the die-cuts----Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very artistic with beautiful colors & elements!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing! Love all the diecuts!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~