home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Winter Blues Dies R Us Mid-Month Challenge #65








Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US!! Our theme for this challenge is "Winter Blues" so think of winter, frosty cold days, snow, blue tones and anything that you would relate to winter! Here is my project for today!



I decided to make this cute winter "park" scene where all the animals and snowmen play! This is a standard A2 sized card. I cut out this beautiful Cheery Lynn- Cathedral Lace Doily out of some Neena solar white cardstock and adhered it to a piece of "ice blue twist" from Lawn Fawn's "Let's Bokeh in the snow" paper pad. This was my starting point to which I would start building up my scene. I stamped the cute squirrel, fox, cardinal, winter trees and holly and berries from the Lawn Fawn- Joy to the woods stamps and colored them in using my zig watercolor markers. I used the Lawn Fawn-Joy to the woods Dies to cut out my images and set them aside.  Next I die cut the icicles from a MFT die and added them to the front of the cathedral lace doily. Then I took the winter trees from the "Joy to the woods" set and added a little bit of weathered wood distress ink to make the tree look more realistic. Then I added some crackle glaze to the trees and once dried, I adhered them down where I wanted them to continue building my scene. I love how these turned out because the crackle glaze gives the illusion of "frozen ice" running down the trees. The bench is a die from La La Land Crafts  that was cut out on some paper that I had in my stash. This was the next die that was nestled onto my card scene. I decided to cut a few more icicles and adhered some down along the bottom of the bench to once again give the look of frozen ice that had once been fresh fallen snow that melted and froze when this park reached freezing temps! I also added some smaller icicles to some of the branches along the trees. Next I die cut the Mr. & Mrs. Snowmen which is from Spellbinders and cut out their hat and scarf with some paper from MME. I colored in the hat on the Mrs. and then I placed them both in place where I wanted them. I cut some snow drifts from a MFT die and put them in place. I have one behind the bench and the other in the front. The only thing left to do now was place the little critters into the scene. I knew I wanted the cardinal to be on the tree branch looking down at the bench at his park friends. The sweet little squirrel and fox decided they wanted to be on the bench to help their little feet from freezing in that snow!  To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set, added a clear sequin to the Mrs. snowman's hat and the holly and berries to the Mr. snowman's hat and added some clear texture gems & clear sequins scattered around. I then adhered this card panel to my white card base. All of the product that I used that are highlighted in links, can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE

Here is a closer look at the trees that actually look like they have frozen ice on them............(sorry I didn't have great lighting, it was dark & gloomy out)


Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you and get your creative mojo flowing. Thanks again for stopping by!


Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~

17 comments:

  1. Such a cute scene you've created Jo! Love all the layering and those little critters are the perfect addition! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet card with the snowmen and critters! A wonderful winter scene...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable, Jo!! I love the wintry scene you've created!! The snowmen are so cute!! The critters are adorable!! It looks like they are having so much fun playing in the snow!! The trees are fabulous!! They do look like they are covered in ice!! Love this my friend!! Snowy and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Jo! The winter woodland creatures are adorable, and I love the plaid accents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snow scene and all the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love how you did the trees..beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jo. Love all those beautiful dies. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok see if this goes through but don't ok

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. Hopefully now we have fixed my commenting problems ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Gorgeous card Jo and wonderful scene! I love all the fun layers~The snowmen and critters are adorable!
    Fun design my friend!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful winter park scene you created! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! Wonderful Wintry Park scene Jo! I can see so many layers - Very Very CUTE!!! Have a great day! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is so awesome!! Love the icy trees, looks great!! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is so awesome!! Love the icy trees, looks great!! Love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely ADORE the Mr. & Mrs. Snowmen!! So cute!! The wintery scene is just beautiful!!I love all of the super cute critters! By the way...awesome coloring my friend!!Super DUPER cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~