home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, February 26, 2016

Magnolia by Little Blue Button Stamps & March's New Release!



Little Blue Button Stamps



Hello sweet friends! 
Happy Weekend!!! And welcome to Fun Friday! :)
So I'm super excited to share with you, this beautiful  new digital stamp called Magnolia!  This digi is just one among  the New Release for the month of March.
Magnolia

So my first thoughts when I saw this gorgeous image were that these would look beautiful if they were watercolored in soft colors on a soft background. So that is the approach that I took for my card for you today.



So I have to say that I really LOVE how this card turned out. It actually turned out the exact way that I had envisioned it. So my card size is a 5 by 5 and the base is some white Bazzill cardstock. The black striped panel is from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka in the Dark paper pad. Do you see the small thin strip of black paper with the tiny white hearts down the side and along the bottom of my image layer? That is also from the same paper pad. :)


Okay now for my image. I printed the image out onto some AMAZING new paper to me, called Yupo White.  This paper is very smooth and has a very smooth feel to the touch. Well I had never used this before but let me tell you, I LOVE it! This will now be my go to paper for all my mixed media and watercoloring. Ok so before I go on about the image, I must confess that I was able to get a few new things recently and it felt great to shop! :)   So the Yupo paper was one of the items that I purchased along with my new Silver black velvet brushes .  I used these brushes to watercolor my image in using my new Tim Holtz Distress Crayons . What fun they are!!!!!  I will probably write more about them in a later post but getting back to my card.... so my image was watercolored  using the new distress crayons. Holy cow they have to be the best product on the market! They blend like butter! So beautifully! So I used just a very little water and allowed the colors to blend using just that small amount of water. I used Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, and Seedless preserves for the flowers. For the inside of the flowers, I used Fossilized amber and Spiced marmalade and for the stems/leaves, I used Twisted citron and Peeled paint. It is extremely hard to see in the photos but the flowers are more of a purple on the bottoms and blending up into the blues.  For some reason the flowers look all blue but I can promise you, they are not. They are gorgeous in real life. I stamped the word "Love" in momento tuxedo black ink in the lower right hand corner. The sentiment is from a Kaisercraft stamp set.

I used the distress crayon in mustard seed and made a very light wash for the background of the flowers. I wanted a very soft yellow in the background and this worked perfectly. To finish off the card, I added some gold pearl beads that I have in my stash to the centers of the flowers. I also took a little bit of the chipped sapphire to create a few splatters onto the background and image and then I added 2 buttercup sequins in the corner to frame the letter "E" of the sentiment.

Well my friends, I hope you enjoyed my card today. Make sure to stop by on the Little Blue Button Stamps Blog today to see more projects created by my design team sisters, showing more from the New Release . If you would like to purchase any of the new digital stamps from March's new release or to take a look at many other gorgeous images from LBBS, you can stop by the LBBS Store . Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a great weekend!

I am entering this into the following challenges:



Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~


5 comments:

  1. Very soft and pretty! Love that you colored them in blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely the pretty CAS flower card! Thanks for sharing it with Craft Rocket Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a elegant & beautiful card my friend!! Love the pretty blue!
    Have a blessed day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~