home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Friday, March 20, 2015

FFC #80 " Special Birthday"


Hello sweet friends!
Welcome to another Fun~day Friday Challenge!!

 This week's Challenge:
"Special Birthday"
Create a card, layout or project using this week's theme!


Our Sponsors this week are:
Bugaboo Stamps
  The winner will win 7 digital stamps of their choice!!!!
 AND
Little Blue Button Stamps
  The winner will win 4 digital stamps of their choice!!!!
 So make sure to play along this week~

  Starts: Friday, March 20th  12:00AM
Ends:   Friday, March 27th 6:00PM
(Eastern time)

Today is a very sad day for me. Today would have been my grandfather's 82nd birthday, he passed away 6 years ago come this May 1st. This day was a very special birthday every year and I would celebrate his birthday each  year with him. I miss him more then words can convey. He was my rock, my father (he raised me), my grandfather and my best friend. So in honor of his birthday, today's challenge is A special birthday. Here is what I created.
 I decided to create a birthday tag. I used Best Wishes from Little Blue Button Stamps. I just LOVE this sweet girl. I colored her in using copic markers and added texture to her dress using copic dotting and my white glaze pen. I also added some clear wink of stella to her hair bow, lipstick, cupcake and bottom of her leggings.
She's mounted on foam tape onto a kraft inks essentials tag that I altered and got messy with. I used a Heidi Swapp circle/dot stencil and dabbed it with tea rose distress paint. Used a black sharpie to go around them. I also used the Stargaze stencil by My Favorite Things and dabbed them with peacock feathers distress paint.  Used my PITT artist brush in white to add accents in between the stencils. Kinda like my own doodling. The sentiment is also from the 'Best wishes' digital stamp set and I inked around it with some antique linen distress ink and it is also on foam tape.  To finish off the tag, I added a few flat back pearls and a cute yellow/white arrow sticker from MME. It still looked like it needed something else so I added that little flower that I had in my stash inked with some antique linen ink and then created a cute bow and a tag topper from some twine that I had. Hope you like it as much as I do. I really do like how this turned out. I'm going to add this tag to my art journal that I will be starting soon. :)

Now let's see what the FFC Design Team has created for this Challenge:

  Joyce




 
What do you need to do to enter?
Challenge Rules

1. Please post a direct link to your card/project post that includes your challenge,
using the linky tool below.

2. Be sure to include a link back to our challenge

3. THREE entries per person and you must post a separate blog post for each entry.

4. All entries must be NEW and created for the current challenge.

5. You may combine with other challenges as long as you link back to us in your post.

 * All entries that do not meet the challenge requirements
Will not be eligible for top 3 or random wins (optional from sponsors prizes)
Any random wins will only be mailed within the US and Canada only.
You have until March 27th by 6:00PM (eastern) time to link up.
All winners will be announced during the week of March 30th.
Have fun and we look forward to seeing what you create!
Until next time, enjoy life's blessings~
Thanks for stopping by!


12 comments:

  1. Your tag is absolutely beautiful Jo! I am soooo happy to see you were able to craft a little. I am sure you miss your Grandfather dearly..I am sure he is looking down at you with big smiles and knows one day you will meet up again.
    What a "special" tag. The background is so pretty and the image is fabulous! Big hugs to you today!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card!! The image is so beautiful!! I love everything about this!! Happy Birthday to your Grandfather in Heaven :) Happy Spring and have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testing whether logging into my blogger thru google helps any in comment going thru.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is colored so perfect and so Beautiful!!! I adore her outfit!! You did an AWESOME job on this Gorgeous tag my friend!!!
    Sending you my love, hugs and a Happy Birthday to your grandfather.
    I know he is resting with the lord.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the memories of your grandfather always help to sustain you. I'm sure he is watching down on you and very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the fun challenge and the wonderful DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your tag Jo. Such a lovely addition to all the DT creations this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were so bless to have such a grandfather. Thank you for the challenge and nice DT inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute gift tag Jo!!! OMGosh, your coloring skills are off the chain!!! I love the unique and cool background and fun sentiment too! Super cute!! All this birthday inspiration from the DT is inspiring me to make something birthday!! We'll see if my new puppy decides to let me create today lol! Thanks for always being so awesome gf!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I understand this is somewhat off-topic however
    I had to ask. Does building a well-established blog like yours take a lot of work?
    I am brand new to writing a blog but I do write in my diary daily.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience
    and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for new aspiring blog owners.
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~