home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Talk Time Tuesday with Ask Jo~



Click Here for FFC#7 "Anything Goes"

Hello friends!
Welcome to another segment of Talk Time Tuesday with "Ask Jo"! 
Our first question today comes from Dawn who asks, "What are your favorite ink pads to use?"
 
Hi Dawn!
My favorite ink pads to use have always been the vibrant dye inks from Papertrey Ink.  The colors of ink are just so vibrant and very fast drying. What I like about them is that they coordinate with Papertrey Ink's Perfect Match Cardstock so making projects coordinate is a breeze. Now while I still love these inks and still use them often, I have grown a deeper love for the Hero Arts Shadow Inks which have now become my ultimate favorite inks to use. I am collecting them one by one and slowly building my collection up but these inks are amazing. When you first stamp an image it looks smudgy or "unclear" but as it dries that is when the magic happens. It ends up turning out so smooth and crisp, very clear and I really cannot explain in words just how beautiful the image looks. This may have to be a tutorial I do later on to compare ink companies. Thanks so much for your question Dawn and hope to hear from you again soon!

Our next question comes from Robyn N. who asks, "Hi Jo, You have talked about using sprays with your templates and stencils. Which ones do you use or prefer?"

Hi Robyn!
When I am working with my stencils or creating projects where I use my misting sprays, I usually use my homemade sprays. I like to make my own as I can control the saturation of the color, the sparkle or shimmer and they are extremely cost effective. Because I live on a fixed income, saving money by making my own sprays helps out a lot. I still have a few bottles of Tattered Angels Glimmer mist sprays that I will use as I paid anywhere from $4 to $6 a bottle and I want to use them up. What I like about making my own sprays is that it only costs me about 18 cents to make a bottle of spray. Compared to the average of $6 a bottle, I'll gladly continue making my own!  Well thank you for your question today Robyn and I hope to hear from you again soon!
 
Well my friends, I hope you have enjoyed today's segment and have learned something new or found something helpful or inspirational to you. Please continue to keep the questions coming by clicking on the "Ask Jo" tab at the top of my blog. If you really enjoy this segment each week, please support it! I cannot stress that enough. Without your questions coming in, I cannot keep this segment going. I hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping by.
 
Until next time......
Enjoy life's blessings~

6 comments:

  1. I just have to sneak over every week for this little segment! I've heard a lot of good things about Hero Arts Shadow Inks, thinking I am going to have to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooo yummy! You should try them!

      Hugs,
      Jo

      Delete
  2. You should do a tutorial on how you make your own mists!! I'd love to know...I spend so much on mine. Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something I can do... stay tuned for it... =)

      Hugs,
      Jo

      Delete
  3. Wow what great questions! I loved the answers too Jo! And I'm like Lisa I would love to see a tutorial on how to make the spray mists! I only have two bottles of Tattered Angels spray mists and they were given to me. lol I won't pay the money they want for them. Way to high of a mark up in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your "ask Jo" segments! Learn something every time!

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~