home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Personal Challenge Weeks 5 & 6!

Hey Ya'll,
 Sorry I have not posted this past week. We did some heavy remodeling and home improvement projects so it's been a busy week! My craft room was blocked in because of the moving around of furniture that I could not post last week's challenge with Kellie so I am posting it here along with this past week's challenge.

Challenge #5- I chose for us to create a card using Sketch #281 from the Mojo Monday challenge and here is what I came up with:


 
I used Paper Trey Ink's Canyon Clay cardstock for my card base and Lawn Fawn's new "Pink Lemonade" paper for my next layer. I stamped the "tree poem" onto some white bazzill cardstock in canyon clay ink by PTI and inked the edges using tea dye distress ink. My sentiment "with Love" is from Cardz TV stamps "Simply Said" and that was also stamped in canyon clay ink.
 
I decided to go with flowers as my 3 focal images rather than use circles. With the tree stamped in the background it kind of just went together nicely. The flowers are from Petaloo and I added some chocolate brown brads to the centers. I used my Martha Stewart "tear drop lace" punch to give the bottom edge of the card a little bit of charm. I finished the card off with some organza ribbon and a "best friends" brad by Studio G.
 
Week 6's challenge: Kellie challenged us to use the Unity's Color Inspiration Challenge and here is what I came up with after studying the colors in the color challenge above:

 
I decided to make a tag so I grabbed my shipping tag and started picking out papers. The papers I chose are from Bo Bunny and My Mind's Eye. I adhered the papers to my tag and then trimmed off the rest. I fussy cut the butterflies from one of the papers and added glossy accents to give them a little dimension. I also used some red gingham washi tape and adhered some blue rhinestones to it.

 
To finish off my tag, I added a couple of small buttons that I had in my stash and put some hemp through it and tied a bow in the centers. I added a blue rhinestone to each butterfly. Lastly, I used an eyelet from my stash for the tag topper and tied some aqua and red ribbon to the top along with some hemp. I hope you enjoyed my projects for the past two weeks and I look forward to this week's challenge coming up. Please go and check out Kellie's blog to see the wonderful creations she made from these challenges. I am going to enter my tag in the Unity Stamp Color Challenge.
 
Thank you for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Pretty card, love your take on the sketch, great tag too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Jo. Love how the stamped tree pulls the flowers together to be like a bouquet. Loving that tag and your flutterbys and gems. You pulled off the colours perfectly. Looking forward to our next challenge together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your tag - THANK YOU SO MUCH for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Creations are GORGEOUS!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~