home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, June 4, 2012

Tuesday Hugs & Kisses & Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge~

Hello blog friends! Today I am playing along with Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #160. Here is the sketch and my take on it.


 

For my card I used this gorgeous Ruffles Marci stamp by La-La Land Crafts. I think she is just so darn cute!! What made me fall in love with this particular stamp was the ruffles on her dress and that adorable head band in her hair. I used Bazzill cardstock for my base and layers and the patterned paper is from K and Company. I inked up all the layers using tea dye distress ink. I basically chose my papers first and then used my copics to match the paper. I colored in Marci's hair using C5, C8 and C10. For her dress and hair band I used RV66 and RV99. I used E000, E00 and YR01 for her skin and used RV36 for her lips. Her shoes I used C10 and 100. It may be hard to see the sentiment on the banner but it says "Hugs and Kisses xoxo" and its from Papertrey Ink's Handwritten Notes. =) To finish off my card I used my white sakura pen to add some dots to her hair piece and added a little "button" on her shoes. I like the look of it =) I also took some gold platinum liquid pearls to give her some earrings, bracelet and a necklace. Afterall, girls love jewelry right? LOL. A few brads from My Mind's eye completes the card. Here is a little peek of the inside, sentiments inside are from Our Daily Bread Design's Mini Tags 1 stamp set.


Well hope you like my card today. Have a wonderful day and a great week ahead!


5 comments:

  1. Ruffles Marci is just so adorable! Your coloring is great!! Love the bg papers you used, too. Fabulous card!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo and the inside is beautiful, too (love that font!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet! darling card, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous. I also love those ruffles and you did an awesome job on the coloring and paper choice. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~