home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Monday, April 30, 2012

Thinking of You~

Good Morning blog friends. Happy Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend. My weekend went by way to fast. I found out on Sunday that my aunt was hospitalized in ICU with high blood pressure and a viral pneumonia and I have been worried sick and stressed out because I no longer live close enough to go visit her. She was the inspiration for my card today and I am going to mail this off to her in hopes that it brings a smile to her face and lets her know how much I love her...


My card size is a 6x6. I wanted to go a little bit bigger because of the sketch I used. Here is the sketch created by Dawny P


I used bright pink cardstock by Colorbok for my card base. The patterned papers are from MME's Bella collection. I used a little bit of Bazzill white cardstock for my first mat and used some of the pink cardstock for my other mats. I made the flower using my carnation punch by Ek Success and inserted a brad from American Crafts in the center. My sentiment was stamped on some Bazzill white cardstock using Momento tuxedo black ink. It is from Hero Arts. I also stamped out the little flowers and stems from the same stamp set and colored them with my copics, G21 and YR68. I finished off the card by adding some lace ribbon that I had in my stash to the bottom of the card base and created a cute little bow as well. The center of the bow was done using my YR68 copic marker.


I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a great day!!

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card for your dear Aunt! I hope she is on the road to recovery! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Jo! Sweet card and I love the lace. Good luck in the Great Impressions Stamps monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Jo! Sweet card and I love the lace. Good luck in the Great Impressions Stamps monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your aunt gets better real soon, living with high blood pressure is not easy, I always have to watch my salt intake and the types of food I eat. I know your beautiful card will cheer her up. I'll keep her in my prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card for your Aunt!! The flower is gorgeous and I love the lacy ribbon!! So pretty :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jo!!!
    I'm sure it will bring a smile to yur Aunt's face. Hope she is well soon!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, I really adore you flower... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww Jo, your Aunt is going to love this--I certainly do! It just brightens one's mood and makes me smile :) So very pretty, your details are wonderful and so are you! My thoughts and extra prayers go out to your Aunt and family--I know it's tough being so far away, feeling sorta helpless, but try not to stress too much k sweetie. Keep us posted. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty, pretty card!! It is sure to bring a SMILE for your aunt!! I sure hope you get some good news of recovery and health for her... Sending you hugs and prayers.

    Thanks for sharing... :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~